Saturday 29 March 2014

Auntie Di's Chicken Thighs

This recipe was  first introduced to my family by my sister-in-law, Diane. My kids called it Auntie Di's Chicken Thighs, and the name has stuck. I modified the original recipe to suit my family. It is a perennial favourite. My family prefers chicken thighs to chicken breasts, but the recipe works well with either. When barbeque season arrives, you can bet this is on the menu. I always make extra so we can have chicken caesar wraps during the week. See the Salads and dressings tab for my no raw egg, no fish caesar salad dressing.


1/2 cup soy sauce
!/2 cup thawed lime juice concentrate(can substitute orange juice concentrate or lemon juice concentrate)
2 tsp chicken seasoning (like Mrs. Dash 'chicken grilling blends')
zest from one lemon
1 tsp minced garlic
16-20 chicken thighs (or 6-8 chicken breast)


Combine the first six ingredients, Stir to combine. Unroll the chicken thigh and place into a ziplock plastic bag. Refrigerate for about 5 hours.

Bring the chicken out of the fridge for one hour before grilling. Preheat barbecue and cook for 15-20 min, until juices run clear and there is no more pink inside the chicken.







Just the best, easiest marinated chicken ever. This is a great one to have in your summertime arsenal.
Spin-off weekday meal- Don't forget to save some for chicken caesar wraps. Place  sliced, cold chicken and romaine lettuce on to flour tortillas. Top with caesar  salad dressing. Wrap and go. Presto! Supper on the go.

Check out the video on You Tube





No comments:

Post a Comment