Saturday 16 August 2014

Cilantro Jerk Marinade


I'm not sure how authentically Jamaican this jerk recipe is but I do  know that it is very tasty. My family loves it. I hope yours will too.

Fresh and full of flavour, this grilled chicken is a great recipe for your summer arsenal.

You will need a food processor or blender to make this marinade.











Add all of the ingredients to the processor or blender.













I love my citrus press.










Add caption





Process well until everything is pureed. It looks kind of like pesto.













I have used chicken breast today but you could use boneless/skinless thighs or even pork tenderloin if you wish.







Add marinade to chicken into a resealable plastic bag. Refrigerate for  at least three hours to overnight.

The flavour of the marinade really penetrates this meat. It goes all the way through.












Barbecue chicken on a medium hot grill for 10-15 minutes until chicken is no longer pink.










Just a delicious marinade. I have used boneless, sinless chicken breasts, but I think that this would also work with chicken thighs and even pork tenderloin.



Watch me make it on You tube.




Cilantro Jerk Marinade

1 jalapeño
1 cup, packed cilantro
1/2 cup olive oil
4 green onions
6 cloves of garlic
2 tablespoon fresh ginger
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 teaspoon allspice(in the video I put one tablespoon in. It was a mistake, it should have only been a teaspoon)
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper

6-10 chicken breasts,thighs, or 4 pork tenderloin

Combine first 11 ingredients in food processor. Process until well blended. Mixture will resemble a thick paste. Combine meat and marinade in a ziplock bag. Place bag into the fridge and let meat marinate for a few hours. Barbeque on a medium hot grill for 10-15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment